LET YOUR STORY BEGIN!
Jacksonville Public Library is excited to host our annual summer learning program! Our summer learning program helps kids, teens and adults learn all summer long. This year, it’s a different kind of summer learning program that will happen entirely online using virtual programming through the online platform, Beanstack. From June to August you’ll be able to participate in virtual events, track your reading, complete fun activities, check out digital e-books, watch online storytimes, participate in challenges, go on scavenger hunts and more! All your fun at home adds up, helping you earn prizes! All of the virtual programs are free and open to everyone.
Little Readers (ages birth - 4)
- Pete the Cat: Out of this World
- 1 year magazine subscription to Babybug
- Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel (game & book)
- I Got the Rhythm (book and music kit)
- Bathtime IS Playtime (book and toys)
Kids (ages 5 - 12)
- Kid Chef Bakes! (kit and cookbook)
- Young Architect (book and building kit)
- Build Your Own Robot (kit & book)
- 1 year magazine subscription to National Geographic
- Kid Artist (book & Colossal Activity Tub)
Teens (ages 13 - 17)
- Book to Screen! (Redbox Gift Card and movie night snacks)
- $25 Chamblin Gift Card
- Harry Potter Plays! (Harry Potter origami book and games)
- ArTeen Book and Artist Set
- In 3D – Idea Book and 3D pen
Adults (ages 18+)
- Gardening Pack (book, seeds, and gloves)
- Florida History Pack (book and Florida map coasters)
How to Participate:
- Read 15 minutes a day (or more!)
- For every 20 days youth (age 0 – 17) read, they’ll earn a free book to keep (many of these come thanks to Action News Jax anchorperson Tenikka Hughes’ Tenikka’s Books For Kids book drive!)
- Every week, we’ll introduce new and exciting activities to complete through videos on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
- Complete missions. Kids will win raffle tickets for finishing missions like reading sets of books or doing scavenger hunts and other activities.
- Register for the program on Beanstack and start keeping track of reading activities, earn digital badges, get chances to collect great prizes, and more!
- Join our Facebook Group to follow the action and interact with Jacksonville Public Library staff and other families from the community that are participating in summer reading. The group is for parents and caregivers and allows you to share our content right with your kids. Join now!
- Keep an eye an on our blog as the summer progresses and we will add additional content every week.
Be sure to register and follow along for a summer of reading, learning & fun!
Need help with Beanstack? Check out the Beanstack's FAQ.