Meeting rooms are available at 20 branch locations for public use. For rental space at the Main Library see the Conference Center.
Jacksonville Public Library Meeting Room Policy
- The Jacksonville Public Library provides meeting space for library-related, cultural, civic, and informal educational purposes.
- Library-related and Library sponsored programs will take precedence over outside programs.
- All meetings must be free and open to the general public.
- Rooms are available for nonprofit groups only.
- Groups which are affiliated with a business or commercial organization, enterprise, or any other type of entity which exists for profit may not use the meeting facilities.
- Private parties, such as family reunions or graduation celebrations, may not be held in the meeting facilities.
- Meetings can be held only during regular Library hours.
- Appeals in cases of refusal are to be directed to the Library Administration. The Appeal Procedure for Use of Library Meeting Room Space form is to be used.
- Groups may collect donations to cover incidental expenses only. They may not solicit donations for fund-raising purposes or make sales, except for the sole benefit of the Library.
- The Library retains the right to cancel reservations for a meeting room for operational reasons or for failure to adhere to regulations governing the use of meeting rooms.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs by the Jacksonville Public Library.
Revised 9/8/2010, 11/10/05
Approved February 13, 2003 by the Library Board of Trustees.