Vote Early at Your Local Library Branch!
Jacksonville Public Library will offer early voting for the 2020 Presidential Preference Primary Election at various branches. Duval County residents can cast a ballot prior to Election Day at one of our library locations designated by the Supervisor of Elections.
JPL is a safe space that supports and fosters open conversation. With accessible locations for easy voting all over the city, and no political agenda, we are the perfect choice to support and encourage civic responsibility.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for early voting:
- Voters who want to vote early should present a valid photo identification and a signature identification at the early voting site.
- Early voting for the Presidential Preference Primary Election will be held from March 2 - 15. Election Day will be held on March 17, 2020.
- You may bring your sample ballot with you that is already marked with your choices. That way you can quickly enter your choices on the ballot, place your ballot in the tabulator, and be on your way.
- Florida is a closed primary election state. Only voters who are registered members of political parties may vote for respective party candidates or nominees for an office in a primary election including a presidential preference primary election.
- No person, political committee, or other group or organization may solicit voters inside the polling place or within 150 feet of the entrance to any polling place, a polling room where the polling place is also a polling room, an early voting site, or an office of the supervisor where vote-by-mail ballots are requested and printed on demand for the convenience of electors who appear in person to request them. Before the opening of the polling place or early voting site, the clerk or supervisor shall designate the no-solicitation zone and mark the boundaries.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please ask for the Special Needs Library at 630-2665 or email JPLTBSpecialNeeds@coj.net