Reserve the equipment for self-directed use, after watching the introductory videos. Please check our calendar for guided orientation sessions for more comprehensive training on the equipment.
Do you have boxes of old photographs in storage? Home movies on VHS? Have you ever wanted to transfer them to DVD or share them online? Preserve your priceless memories and mementos with the Digitization Station at the Main Library’s Jax Makerspace.
The Digitization Station includes the following equipment:
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner
- Carson LL-10 10x LumiLoupe Craft Loupe
- Carson CV-40 CrystalView Magnifier
- Bower Digital Slide Duplicator
- Maxwell VHS-C Adapter
- Elgato Systems USB Analog Video Capture Device
- Pacific Image ImageBox MF 4-in-1 Slide, Film & Photo Converter
- Desktop computer with Adobe Photoshop
External storage is necessary to save the files after scanning. A flash drive or memory card of at least 8 GB is recommended. Files can also be saved to Cloud storage such as Google Photos.
Copyright protection is provided by the laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code)to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic (photographs, drawings, paintings, etc.), and certain other intellectual works. This protection applies to both published and unpublished works. It is illegal for anyone to violate the rights provided by copyright laws to the owner of a copyrighted work.