Standard Library Card
Visit your nearest library location, bring along a valid form of ID, and fill out our standard library card form to obtain a library card. All library card applicants must provide ID which includes your current street address. Examples of acceptable ID are driver's license, vehicle registration, or utilities bill. (See below for the Acceptable Proof of Residency section)
Juvenile Resident Card
Any person age seventeen (17) and under may obtain a library card if their parent or legal guardian meets the requirements for a resident card and has ID for the child. A parent or guardian must sign the registration form. As part of the registration process the parent or guardian may opt for a restricted card that limits DVD checkout to children’s titles only.
In addition to the Acceptable Proof of Residency listed below, acceptable ID for the child includes one of the following:
- Social Security Card for Child (The SS# is not recorded.)
- School ID
- School Report Card
- Health Insurance Card
All Duval County Public Schools (DCPS) students (Kindergarten through 12th Grade) will receive a student card account associated with their student ID through a partnership between JPL and DCPS. No physical card is issued with this type of account. The Student Card provides the following:
- Checkout limit of 3 books (includes print and audio)
- Access to all electronic and digital collections through the library's website
- May have a juvenile resident card in addition to the student card account
- No application and no parent/guardian signature required
- No fines or fees are assessed
- Account is activated for one school year and reactivated at the start of each school year for eligible students
Use of Library computers.
- Students may have a Juvenile Resident Card, in addition to the Student Card, following the standard application process.
- No application and no parent/guardian signature required on the Student Card.
- No fines or fees are assessed on the Student Card.
Account is activated for one year at a time and reactivated at the start of each school year for eligible students.
Renew Library Card
Customers may renew an expired card by presenting the appropriate residency and identification documentation for the type of card they possess.
Acceptable Proof of Residency
Acceptable proof of residency is required to be eligible for a card, which includes one of the following items imprinted with name and current street address:
- FL Driver’s license
- FL State identification
- Current vehicle registration
- Senior citizen ID card
- Utilities bill or deposit receipt dated within the last 30 days
- Current rental or lease agreement
- A combination from the following list of one Name ID and one Address ID:
|Name ID||Address ID|
|Social Security Card||Phone book listing|
|Birth certificate||City Directory listing|
|Photo ID||Mail postmarked within the last 30 days|
|Out of state driver's license||Letter from social services agency|