The Jax Makerspace Gallery is accepting submissions for an upcoming exhibition featuring assemblage or sculpture art. The exhibition will be on display June 5 – September 22, 2019.
The modern proliferation of single-use products has contributed to a significant increase in pollution and landfills. Reclaimed highlights artists who reimagine discarded materials by assembling them into original works of art, giving them a second life.
- For the purposes of this exhibition, assemblage refers to work where ready-made or found objects are joined together to create a work of art.
- Each submission must be comprised of at least 50% recycled materials.
- Our criteria for recycled material is using elements that were originally manufactured and would be thrown away or recycled, if not repurposed as art.
- Preference will be given to artwork that address the theme of the exhibition.
- Artwork must be exhibition ready and must have been created within the last two years.
- The curatorial team reserves the right to exclude accepted artwork.
- The artist is responsible for delivering and retrieving artwork.
- Submit applications electronically at Jax Makerspace Open Call for Exhibition. Hand-delivered applications will be accepted at the Main Library in the Jax Makerspace.
- Each artist may submit jpeg images of 5 completed original artworks for review. Two images of each submission will be accepted. No composite images will be accepted.
- Images should be approximately 1000 pixels on the longest side and print quality (300 ppi or better), and images should be titled with the following format: "LastName_Title.jpg".
- For electronic applications, images should be submitted via cloud sharing links.
- For hand-delivered applications, images may be submitted on CD, USB drive or in print. No actual work will be reviewed. CDs, USB drives and prints will not be returned.
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions about the submission process.
- Submission deadline: April 6
- Notification of acceptance: April 12
- Drop off accepted artwork: May 13-18
- Opening reception: June 5
- Artwork pickup: September 24-27
The Jacksonville Public Library’s exhibit policy can be found here: Exhibit Policy.
Gallery Exhibition Submission Form