The Jax Makerspace Gallery is accepting submissions for an upcoming exhibit called Ties & Knots: Weaving Narratives of Northeast Florida. The exhibit will run November 7, 2018 – January 24, 2019.
Textile arts have a long history of tradition and utility. In contemporary art, textiles are among the most versatile mediums. Ties & Knots: Weaving Narratives of Northeast Florida is an exploration of the dynamic relationship between tradition and modernity, as textiles expand beyond functional art and into the realm of fine art.
• Submit applications electronically using this form. Hand-delivered applications will be accepted at the Main Library in the Jax Makerspace.
• Each artist may submit up to five original works. Kits and commercial patterns are prohibited.
• All work must be either fiber in content or executed in a fiber technique.
• Images of each artwork should accompany the application. Images should be titled with the following format: "LastName_Title.jpg".
• For electronic applications, images should be uploaded to the form or submitted via cloud sharing links.
• For hand-delivered applications, images may be submitted on CD, USB drive or in print. CDs, USB drives and prints will not be returned.
• Contact email@example.com if you have questions about the submission process.
• Submission deadline: October 1
• Notification of acceptance: October 8
• Drop off accepted artwork: October 15 – 27
• Opening reception: November 7
• Artwork pickup: January 28-February 1, 2019
Please refer to the Jacksonville Public Library’s exhibit policy.