ILL services are available to anyone holding a valid JPL card. All Interlibrary Loan requests must meet the terms of the Library’s Interlibrary Loan Rules . Providing a valid e-mail address will allow us to deliver photocopies to you quicker.
- You may order photocopies of certain materials not available through ILL, such as magazine articles and portions of reference materials.
- Photocopying charges may be incurred.
- If the item is not filled by the lending library, the check or money order will be returned to the customer.
- Customers wanting photocopies or loans from fee-charging libraries must submit a check or money order payable to the lending library before the loan request can be processed.
- These requests will be submitted to the lender only after this payment is received in ILL.
- One article or copy request per form, please.
Notice Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, US Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified by law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringements. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.