Did you know that the popular on-demand video streaming service Kanopy, available to Jacksonville Public Library card holders for free, also includes Kanopy Kids? Kanopy Kids is thoughtful entertainment for children preschool age and up. With your Jacksonville Public Library card, you have unlimited on-demand streaming access to Kanopy Kids!
Thoughtful Entertainment with Kanopy Kids
Parents can trust in a carefully curated selection of educational and enriching videos on Kanopy Kids with developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings, as well as additional parental controls to keep kids safe. Kanopy Kids is a separate selection of films rated by Common Sense Media as appropriate for children ages 12 and under.
Kanopy Kids includes PBS Kids, beloved animated characters, literary classic adaptations, and diverse videos from around the globe. Kids' categories include TV Series, Learning Languages, Animated Storybooks, Anime Favorites, Classic Films and Movies for the Whole Family. Key titles include Arthur, Babar, Franklin & Friends, Maya the Bee, Wild Kratts, Between the Lions, and Little Pim. The collection also highlights classic films from Charlie Chaplin & Buster Keaton and Oscar® nominated titles, including A Cat in Paris and The Secret of Kells, plus family-friendly documentaries, Girls Rock and The Endless Summer.
Both Kanopy and Kanopy Kids are available on any computer, television, or mobile device, with apps for Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Tablet, iOS, and Android. To access it, go here — or to the app store for whatever screens you’ll access it through — and search for “Kanopy." To create an account, make sure you have your library card number on hand.
To Get Started
1. Click to the Kanopy sign up page and follow the prompts to set up your account.
2. You should see: Welcome to Kanopy at Jacksonville Public Library. Click Continue.
3. Go to the top right corner of the page and click on Sign Up.
4. Create your Kanopy account: Enter your name, email address and password and click Sign Up.
5. You will be sent an email to verify your account information. Please click Verify My Email.
Need addtional help? Click on the support section of Kanopy.
Interested in setting up Kanopy Kids for your children?
1. Log into your Kanopy Account.
2. Hover over your name in the top right corner of the screen. Click on My Dashboard.
3. Click on Parental Controls. Under "Your content filter is off" click Turn On.
4. Create a 4-digit PIN. You will now have to use this PIN to access the video content for ages 12+. You can always choose to turn the Content Filter off.